|Santa Clara University, School of Law, CA - J.D. (cum laude)
Taught in the academic support program while attending law school subjects including contracts, business law, constitutional law, criminal law, etc.
University of Illinois, B.A. (Chemistry)
LAW OFFICES OF DAKSHA AMIN, Chicago, Illinois
Majority of the practice includes civil litigation, business (including new start-ups) and real estate transactions, domestic relations and contracts (employment and independent contractors etc.)
DAKSHA AMIN ESQ, WoodDale & Chicago, Illinois
Majority of the practice includes civil litigation, real estate and commercial transactions.
PILLSBURY, MADISON & SUTRO, San Jose, California
Environmental Associate. (Law Clerk 1988—89) 1988—1991
Compliance: Hazardous substance laws; CERCLA/SARA Title III, RCRA, and HWCL; Proposition 65, CEQA, Air Toxics “Hot Spots”, and other air pollution laws. Also, worked on litigation projects.
Article: Blacklisting: Getting Serious About Environmental Compliance, Environmental & Waste Management World, Vol. 5, Number 1, pp. 3-5, January, 1991.
MORRELL & ASSOCIATES, Oakland, California
Summer Associate. Summer 1987
Prepared matrix of federal and state hazardous materials laws and drafted sections for California Hazardous Materials Program Commentary (Specialty Technical Publishers, 1988).
SANTA CLARA COUNTY EXECUTIVE OFFICE, San Jose, California
Independent Contractor. Summer 1987
Prepared special report on the county wide Household Hazardous Waste Management Plan.
* Current member of ABA, ISBA, NWSBA and DPBA
* Chairwoman of the By-Laws Committee of the Indo-American Democratic Organization, Inc. 1993
* Board of Directors, Vision of India, non-profit. 1992-93
* Member Minority Access Committee, Santa Clara County Bar Association 1989-91
* Board of Director, Next Door, San Jose, CA 1989-91
(Organization to help victims of domestic violence)
* Member Allocation Committee, United Way, CA 1990
* Work with battered women in various capacities for last twenty two years.